Friday, August 5, 2011

MeandMarj: Steve's Birthday Cake: Take Two

Grandmother: What else did you get at the store?
Alison: Cake mix and frosting for Steve's birthday cake!
Grandmother: How do you know that's what he likes?
Alison: Because he told me. Look at the mess I made of that one...
Grandmother: (laughing) That is the strangest looking cake I have ever seen! I actually have never seen a cake look like that before!
Alison: Well, that's why I'm making another one!
Grandmother looks at the package...




Grandmother: Well, if that girl can make it, you certainly can!

Cake comes out of the oven - not bad - ready to frost

Alison: Okay, Grandmother, I'm going to put this cake on top of this cake, just like this!
Grandmother: Okay.

I've frosted the between layer and placed the other cake on top...

Grandmother: You've already messed it up!
Alison: How? I just asked you if I put that piece on top and you agreed?
Grandmother: You put it on top the wrong way...to me that's common sense. I guess you don't have any.
Alison: What should I do?
Grandmother: Just keep slopping it on there!
Alison: Well, I guess I'll just frost it the way it is.
Grandmother: You are doing a great job!
Alison: Are you making fun of me?
Grandmother: No, you are doing a great job, just like I said.
Dad: Should I have a slice? Just to test it before Steve gets here?
Alison: You can eat that other cake, if you want.

Cake one and cake two...


No comments:

Post a Comment