Wednesday, August 3, 2011

MeandMarj: Buster Corle

Alison: Grandmother, what was it like dating boys at Duke?
Grandmother: Well, you see, the boys' campus was separate from the girls' campus.
Alison: So, you didn't see boys at all? You must have dated some boys?
Grandmother: I guess I must have, they must not have been that memorable.
Alison: Well, you must have remembered Grandpa?
Grandmother: Oh, I remember exactly where I met him. I was a transfer student at Boston University from UCLA. We were at MIT listening to a football game. A bunch of us, and I went around to introduce myself. He had reddish hair and was tall. I introduced myself.
Alison: How did you introduce yourself? Hi, I'm Marjorie Anne Dudley?
Grandmother: I said, "Hi, I'm Marjorie Dudley." And he introduced himself as Buster Corle. I said, "Come on, that's not your name." He said, "Well, everyone calls me Buster." So I asked, "What's your real name? You must have a real name!" He told me his name was Fred Corle. So, I told him that's what I would call him! Two days later he called me up and asked me for a date!


No comments:

Post a Comment