Friday, August 12, 2011

MeandMarj: Is it bad that I wake my Grandmother up every morning?

Alison: Grandmother, good morning! It's another beautiful day!
Grandmother: (moaning as she rolls over) What time is it?
Alison: Time to get up! Want to have breakfast with me?
Grandmother: Do I have to?
I hold Grandmother's robe open for her... 
Alison: No, but you've hardly had breakfast with me all week! All you have to do is come downstairs for 10 - 15 minutes and then you can go back to sleep. I have to go to work all day.
Grandmother: Well, that's your choice. I never worked!
Alison: Well, Grandmother, it's so nice having breakfast with you. It's lonely eating down here all by myself.
Grandmother: Well, you better get used to it!
Alison: Why?
Grandmother: When you marry a naval officer, they're gone most of the time. You eat breakfast by yourself.
Alison: Well, I don't plan on marrying a naval officer. I don't even know any, and I certainly don't spend much time in Annapolis!

No comments:

Post a Comment