Monday, August 1, 2011

MeandMarj: Good Grief!

Sitting in the living room

Grandmother: I look around and see all the things I've done. I did this stool, I did this painting, I did those chairs. That painting of grandma... 











Alison: Oh, Grandmother, you are so talented.
Grandmother: Oh sure, I never made any money doing it though.
Alison: That's okay, though. You don't need to make money to be happy. You enjoyed doing it though, right?
Grandmother: Oh yes, I really did! I did that mirror out in the hall. Somebody had that, and they were going to do something with it and they never got around to it. And they said, "You want it?" I said, "Oh, sure!" And I took it, and I guilded it and I worked that design over the mirror. And when they saw it, they were sad they gave it up.



Grandmother: Now, how old are you?
Alison: 27.
Grandmother: Good grief! You're getting up there! Now, how old is Steve?
Alison: He turns 31 on Sunday.
Grandmother: Oh gosh!

Grandmother: I gotta get up to go to bed, I just don't think I have the energy to do it.
Alison: Yes, you can. You can do it!
Grandmother: Yeah, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment