Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MeandMarj: Are you ready for book club?

Alison: Grandmother, are you ready for book club? Everyone should be here in about 10 minutes!
Grandmother: I'm going up to bed. I'll go up the back stairs before everyone gets here.
Alison: But, Grandmother, you are the life of the party! You can't do that...
Grandmother: But my back hurts...
Alison: Don't you have fond memories of girls' nights? Book clubs? Women getting together and complaining about their husbands?
Grandmother: I don't remember any of that!
I'm putting the cheese on the cheese platter...
Grandmother: Those knives are too big.
Alison: Okay, can you find me some proper cheese knives?
Grandmother goes hunting for cheese knives and we decide on a couple - the doorbell rings...
Alison: Everyone is here!
Grandmother: I'm going up!
Alison: But Grandmother, they are at the door! You have to at least say "hello".
Grandmother: Okay.
Introductions are made...
Kristen: It's so nice to meet you, I've heard so many things about you!
Grandmother: Good things, I hope!
Alison: Grandmother, I'm going to get plates for the hors d'oeuvres.
Grandmother: Make sure you take the glass ones. I'm going to excuse myself. I'm going up!
Alison: Okay! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment