Monday, November 21, 2011

MeandMarj: This was my house.

Grandmother: See? This was my house. I made this.


Alison: Grandmother! That's impressive! How did you do it? You designed it?
Grandmother: I took a snapshot and then chose the colors and needle pointed it. It was a beautiful house - built in 1818.
Alison: Wow, how about this house?
Grandmother: The house I'm living in?
Alison: Yes, this one.
Grandmother: This is a new house - it was built in the 1960s or so...
Alison: When did you live there?
Grandmother: Oh gosh, we lived there for awhile when your dad first retired from the Navy.
Alison: You mean Grandpa?
Grandmother: Yes, I am trying to figure out, why did we go to Providence, Rhode Island? I used to walk two blocks to the art museum and it was a good art museum. I was a docent there.
Alison: Did you like it?
Grandmother: I enjoyed it. See, this was our neighbor's house - they were alright...not exactly my type. We had these pretty lilacs. My office was right in the window at the top of the stairs in the hallway, looking out onto the street. We had a nice big dining room.
Alison: Sounds fabulous.
Grandmother: It was a pretty house.

No comments:

Post a Comment